Registration Log in

David Warner Calls Drink-Driving Decision ‘Foolish’ as He Accepts Responsibility

Published on: 2026-05-09 | Author: admin

The lawyer for former Australia batter David Warner has stated that his client will take responsibility for a drink-driving charge, acknowledging that his behavior was “foolish” and “reckless.”

7.bet casino Online

Warner, 39, was charged last month after a random breath test in Maroubra, Sydney, returned a positive result. He has not yet entered a plea.

According to the public broadcaster ABC, Warner’s lawyer Bobby Hill told reporters outside court on Thursday: “I can indicate that David will be accepting responsibility for drink-driving.”

The cricketer, who currently captains the Pakistan Super League side Karachi Kings, did not appear at the hearing, and the case was adjourned until June.

“He knows what he did was wrong,” Hill said. “He accepts that was a reckless decision, a foolish decision to get in his car instead of taking an Uber.”

Hill explained that Warner had consumed three glasses of wine at a friend’s apartment before driving.

“It’s not a crime to have a glass of wine on the day of the lord’s resurrection. In fact, some would consider that completely appropriate,” Hill added. “His crime is, as I said, choosing a foolish plan A instead of a plan B.”

Warner, who retired from international cricket in 2024, also serves as captain of the Sydney Thunder.

Cricket NSW chief executive Lee Germon commented after Warner was charged in April, stating that the allegations were “concerning” and that the organization took them “very seriously.”

“At Cricket NSW, we are strong advocates for safe driving, not drink-driving,” Germon said.